The acronym of the project “ENRICHME” refers to the goal of enriching the day-to-day experiences of elderly people at home by means of technologies that enable health monitoring, complementary care and social support, helping them to remain active and independent for longer and to enhance their quality of life.
- Improve the quality of life of elderly people suffering of MCI in the frame of AAL for the ageing European population at greater risk of cognitive impairment, frailty and social exclusion, using a service robot within an assisted living environment.
- Assess acceptability and learnability of the proposed robotic and AAL services from the older persons and the social reference group, including relatives and formal/informal caregivers.
- To assess the ENRICHME system’s potential to improve the efficiency of health care organisation in terms of involved personnel, time, and balance of costs/benefits.
- Develop a reliable 24/7 non-invasive physiological and daily life activity monitoring of the elderly at home, discretely observing behavioural changes and maximizing the detection of risky situations.
- Develop effective analysis methods for the interpretation of non-invasive physiological measurements and their association to short- and long-term human activities, including data fusion and evolution trends aspects.
- Develop engaging solutions for Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) that automatically learn from longterm experience and adapts to the elderly person in terms of perceptual and cognitive capacity, exploiting context- and time-awareness to deliver dedicated non-pharmacological therapies and services for social inclusion.